I was sitting in a summer school work experience class this morning (not so) discreetly checking my WordPress Reader’s daily deluge of gorgeous food photos. To my excitement, a comment notification popped up telling me I had been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Jhuls of The Not So Creative Cook! I absolutely admire not only Jhuls’ honest and witty posts but the way she tries to connect bloggers to the wider blogging community. I have found some incredible blogs through Jhuls’ ‘new’ blogger posts. A big thank you to her!
With the Liebster Award (“liebster” means sweet or endearing in German), it seems like the magic number is 11. Eleven for the number of facts I get to share, questions I get to answer, bloggers I get to nominate and the number of questions I’ll in turn ask the nominees.
Without further ado, let’s start!
ELEVEN RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- I get to work at a local chocolate shop this summer handing out small batch chocolate samples at a farmer’s market. How awesome is that?
- I kinda sorta don’t like spiders. There’s a little bit creepy crawly but when I see one, I try to remind myself that I am bigger and scarier than it.
- I love peanut butter. Creamy or chunky, I like all kinds.
- One activity I thought I wouldn’t enjoy but actually did was skiing. Now, I can’t say I’m anywhere close to being able to do a fancy Black Diamond slope but skiing is a fun way to release adrenaline.
- I’m a self-described perfectionist and a procrastinator. Blogging somehow fits both of these traits.
- I am double jointed in one finger – the pinkie on my right hand.
- The last movie I saw was The Fault in Our Stars. Yeah, I might be biased because I’m from the target teenage demographic. But if you haven’t seen it, I think you should! Super sweet and a interesting perspective on cancer.
- My ankles display very impressive (if I do say so myself) sock tans. Not to mention I also have a watch tan and a shorts tan from lots of summer cross country running practices.
- The lesser seen creative side of me is my artistic, crafty side. In 3rd grade, my Girl Scout troop knitted squares for a baby blanket to donate to a kid with cancer. Although my square had obvious holes and was more of a rectangle than a square, knitting led to crocheting which lead to sewing…
- I love being outdoors. My favorite weather is when it’s comfortably sunny yet breezy.
- My worst cooking memory (maybe not even a cooking memory) was years ago when my little sister and I made cherry Jello. Let’s just say I didn’t pour the boiling water right into the bowl and some splashed on her hand.
1. What is your zodiac sign?
Scorpio. I’m a November baby.
2. Favorite past time.
If I’m not cooking/baking/blogging you’ll find me reading a (often food-related or DIY ) book while lounging on the sofa.
3. What do you usually do during weekends?
I love sleeping in on the weekends but during the school year, weekends are devoted to leading volunteer events for my high school community service club. We often cheer for runners at local fun-runs.
4. What is your favorite kitchen equipment?
I love my silicon baking mats (“Silpats”). They make cookie baking clean up one step easier.
5. One weirdest thing about you that you can think of right now.
I forgot to cut one of my fingernails. The one on my ring finger is longer than the rest.
6. Unforgettable holiday trip.
When we went rented a cozy cabin in Arnold, CA for Christmas and we spent the day building snowmen, making snow angels and sledding .
7. What is your favorite thing to do when you want to relax?
I go on a quick jog around the neighborhood. Running releases endorphins and makes me feel more energized.
8. What are the essentials you need to have inside your bag?
My wallet – just in case I see a sale which gives me the chance to be thrifty. Hair pins – I hate when there’s hair hanging in the middle of my face. Burt’s Bee’s lip balm – the only natural brand that works on me.
9. Do you have any other social media accounts?
10. What is your least favorite household chore?
Most definitely cleaning the bathroom.
11. 3 words that describe you?
Detail-oriented, quirky, tree-hugging
And now it’s time to share the love…CONGRATULATIONS TO THESE NOMINEES!
The rules for the Liebster award are:
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Tell us 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask those bloggers to answer 11 questions
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES
- Where in the world would you go if you could go on a trip right now?
- How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to start blogging originally?
- What is your ideal (midnight) snack?
- Do you have any pets?
- A day in the mountains or on the beach?
- What is your happiest childhood memory?
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever gotten and who gave it to you?
- Name three of your pantry/refrigerator staples.
- What is your favorite post on your blog? Share the link with us!
- If you could eat dinner with one living celebrity, who would it be?
- What is your favorite scent?
Now, this makes me think of other ways I can pay it forward throughout the rest of the week…
Thanks for reading!